Greetings (ISC)² West Michigan Chapter Members:
We are happy to announce a number of new and exciting changes being made for the future of the Chapter. Highlights below:
In order to provide homegrown, meaningful, and timely content, the chapter will now allow members or visitors to “sponsor” a meeting.
- Sponsorship can mean giving a presentation, leading a round-table discussion, bringing in a speaker or vendor partner, etc.
- Please submit your ideas here.
We are excited to announce that all of our meetings through May, 2015 are scheduled with engaging, relevant, MEMBER DRIVEN content!!
- The schedule through May 2015 is listed below, but we will be covering topics such as: Splunk, DLP, application white-listing, PKI and more!
- All of these presentations will be given by your fellow chapter members.
At the October 1st meeting Dave Hoxie was elected to fill the long-vacant Membership Chair role on our Board of Directors.
- We look forward to growing our membership under Dave’s leadership. Please introduce yourself to Dave at the November 5th meeting.
In the near future we will be testing the capability to attend meetings virtually for those members who cannot attend in person due to work commitments or inclement weather.
- If the tests are positive, details on how to attend virtually will be provided with the next meeting notice.
In order to make our emailing list more manageable, we will be moving to a new emailing system. In the near future you will receiving an email from firstname.lastname@example.org asking you to confirm your subscription to the list. If you do not confirm your subscription, you will no longer receive email notifications/announcements from the chapter. We encourage you to please confirm your subscription to the list when you receive it. This will enable us to provide you with current information as quickly as possible.
We are excited about the future of the chapter and hope you are too. We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting on November 5th.
— (ISC)2 W. MI Chapter Board of Directors
|November 5, 2014||Splunk||Larry Yob|
|December 3, 2014||Data Loss Prevention||Tim Lomas|
|January 7, 2014||Winter break, no meeting|
|February 4, 2015||Application whitelisting||Ben Stuart|
|March 4, 2015||PKI Implementation||Matt Somers|
|April 1, 2015||Data Loss Prevention||Art King|
|May 6, 2015||Fortinet vs. Bluecoat (Content filtering discussion)||Kyle Washburn|